[pulseaudio-discuss] NetBSD patches

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jan 22 12:37:35 PST 2009

On Wed, 21.01.09 22:06, Jared D. McNeill (jmcneill at NetBSD.org) wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Lennart Poettering
> <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> > With the exception of two I have now merged all these patches or
> > commited replacements.
> >
> > The two missing patches are too invasive and might break other OS
> > builds or appear to be workarounds for bugs that have been fixed in
> > the meantime.
>
> Thanks Lennart.
>
> Certainly not all of the patches are applicable for upstream; pkgsrc
> patches the builds to install config files etc. in an alternate
> location. Which patches specifically did you skip?

patch-af (I assume that you disabled module-suspend-on-idle because
          suspending OSS sinks was broken -- this is however fixed now
          in git)

patch-ad (seems very NetBSD specific to me, although the $LIBOSSAUDIO
          part appears interesting, though I am not entirely sure what
          it does. If it it does what I think it does there should be
          a proper autoconf check for it. I'd then be willing to merge
          that part)

patch-ac (The #if 0 is a bit too radical for my taste ;-). For n_cpus
          there is now a proper function pa_ncpus() elsewhere)

patch-aa (The definition of SNDCTL_DSP_GETODELAY needs to be made
         specific for NetBSD. The looking for /dev/audio and
         /dev/sound is suspicous at best. Despite from that this
         should probably be merged.)

BTW, I'd prefer if you guys would CC each patch to our ML (you don't
even need to subscribe, I'll whitelist you). I just noticed yet
another patch appeared in CVS. I think it is always of interest to
merge patches as much as possible upstream, especially in the NetBSD
case because a lot of changes are also relevant on the other BSDs. But
if you don't tell me about those patches I cannot merge them. And I am
not really interested in going through all those downstream repos all
the time and picking the patches I like.

Also, git-format-patch formatted patches are highly preferred so that I
don't have to spend precious time on finding out who I have to
attribute patches to.