[pulseaudio-discuss] Simple pa_context_get_server_info

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jan 22 12:51:56 PST 2009

On Tue, 20.01.09 18:02, Nick Byrne (nick at incension.com) wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there a simple way to retrieve server information? I'm specifically looking
> for a method of retrieving the default sink and sources, using
> pa_context_get_server_info appears to be the only way but it (i'm new to pa)
> seems to require a whole host of callbacks to be setup so i was hoping someone
> could point me to a simple example if thats the only way or point me in another
> direction entirely!

No. For this function there is only the more complex asynchronous API
available.

The "simple" synchronous API does only the most basic audio playback
and recording. There are no plans to extend it further.

pactl shows how to use pa_context_get_server_info() from your
application. It's a complex example but I am sure you are able to
distill the relavant parts from it easily.