[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth

Pablo Yaggi pyaggi at alsurdelsur.com
Fri Jan 23 05:15:44 PST 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009 06:47:48 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Pablo Yaggi at 23/01/09 01:32 did gyre and gimble:
> > Hi,
> >         I can't configure pulse audio to use an alsa bluetooth device,
> > I think is some kind of timeout getting device capabilities or
something
> > like that when module-alsa-source is loading.
> >         I have a bluetooth headset correctly configured and working
with
> > alsa,
> > I can play in a2dpd mode with mplayer, aplay, play, etc. and I can
> > capture and play in voice mode with skype, and the others as well.
> >         For that I create a couple of entries in asound.conf with a
> > device for using the bluetooth headset in voice profile and another
for
> > a2pd profile.
> >         When later I try to create a sink for any of them or a source for
> > the device in voice mode pactl fails to load the module.
> >         What I notice is that this command:
> > pactl load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=test
device=bluetooth

> >         waits for about 20 second before it fails and the headset makes
> > the noice it does every time the alsa open it (stablish the bluetooth
> > link)
> >
> >         Best Regards
> > Pablo
> >
> > PD: Server version 0.9.14
>
> Bluetooth support is currently available in pulse directly and it's not
> generally recommended to go via alsa to work with your bluetooth
device.

> Col
>
> PS I've not used it personally yet and it does still have some limitations.
I couldn't make pulse-bluetooth work and I read source is not available
yet for pulse-bluetooth .
This command fails every time even when blue-tooth is already working
with alsa
pactl load-module module-bluetooth-sink sink_name="a2dp"
address="00:03:89:58:30:C1" profile="a2dp"
Failure: Module initalization failed

also I loaded the discover module and It loads without problems but
no new devices are shown

Anyway, shouldn't it work with alsa ?
Pablo