[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio and USB sound device M-Audio Audiophile USB

Stephan Seitz stse+pulse at fsing.rootsland.net
Thu Jul 2 09:58:35 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 09:15:49PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>All that's necessary for PA 0.9.15 to pick it up is that the
>"spdif:xxx" device works. If it doesn't, then please file a bug
>against ALSA.

Well, you are right, it seems then to be an ALSA bug.
The M-Audio is the second sound device. „aplay -D hw:1,1 test.wav” works,
„aplay -D hw:1,0 test.wav” and „aplay -D spdif:1 test.wav” don’t work,
probably spdif:1 points to hw:1,0.

If anyone knows how to change the ALSA configuration, I would be pleased.
Thanks.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--