[pulseaudio-discuss] Soundcard with hardware mixer

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Jul 16 13:38:22 PDT 2009

to, 2009-07-16 kello 22:28 +0200, Malte Gell kirjoitti:
> Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote
>

> > I don't know. Pulseaudio doesn't use hw mixing even if it's available.
> > But hw mixing should allow you to run Skype and Pulseaudio side by side
> > so that Skype doesn't go through Pulseaudio. I can imagine that there
> > could be some advantage of a setup like that, but no idea how
> > significant the advantage would be. But if this is a networking issue,
> > hw mixing won't help a bit.
>
> Ok, I now use some settings from
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio#Configuration_of_the_ALSA_PulseAudio_plugin
> and Skype output sounds more fluent now, especially with load-module module-
> hal-detect tsched=0

Good to hear! One question: have you configured skype to use the mic
directly or through pulseaudio? My impression has been that making Skype
use pulseaudio for input is impossible without stuttering. Has this
changed? (That is, has the new version been released that Colin
mentioned?)

--
Tanu Kaskinen