[pulseaudio-discuss] Soundcard with hardware mixer

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 16 13:51:08 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Malte Gell at 16/07/09 20:33 did gyre and gimble:
> I've now tried Skype directly with plughw:CA0106,0 which is my Audigy. Now
> without Pulse sound is fine. With pulse audio, sound stutters... Do I have a
> bad pulse setup or is pulse audio broken?

Skype is known to use the alsa API, erm, "creatively". Which means that
it often has problems with pulse.

As it's closed source we can't fix it :(

They have been saying that they will release a new version that
addresses this soon.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]