[pulseaudio-discuss] PA and OS X

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 17 02:12:38 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Daniel Mack at 17/07/09 09:18 did gyre and gimble:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 08:23:55AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Daniel Mack at 17/07/09 07:46 did gyre and gimble:
>>> I've provided some code to do such things to xine many years ago. But
>>> the code still runs fine and AudioUnits (the technique the code uses) is
>>> still the way to do it.
>>>
>>>   http://hg.debian.org/hg/xine-lib/xine-lib-1.2/file/f54baed366ef/src/audio_out/audio_coreaudio_out.c
>> Somewhat unrelated, but Diego has said already his work on the pulse
>> output in xine needs a lot of love!
>
> Just to make sure we're on the same page: I was talking about taking the
> code from xine and re-use it in PA. It's about how to set up the audio
> graph and handling the pull-IO technique which we wouldn't have to
> reinvent.

Yeah I think that's OK. I was just talking about the xine-pulse plugin
specifically, not the coreaudio one which I'm sure is fine! Just incase
you're looking in xine for the pulse side of things, it's probably not
the best reference :)

> Never done anything with the iPhone, but I could ask some people who
> did.

Cool. I'm just getting into that scene myself, so picking up all sorts
of interesting stuff...

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]