[pulseaudio-discuss] [PACKAGERS] Please disable OSS in your distributions!

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 23 14:01:55 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 23/07/09 17:38 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, 23.07.09 17:20, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
>
>>> I think that the need for emulating OSS is simply not as big as people
>>> think. At least if I interpret the number of bugs that got posted
>>> against F11 correctly, the need for OSS really is not that big
>>> anymore.
>>>
>>> Judging from our experiment in F11 I really see no need for enabling
>>> the cuse emulation stuff in Fedora.
>> How do you get vmware to work? I thought it only supported OSS? But I've
>> not looked for *ages*. I'd have thought this is a pretty important app
>> for RHEL (tho' arguably not necessarily fedora).
>
> To my knowledge KVM supports PA just fine.

And so does virtualbox but that's not the point ;)

VmWare is still an important player in that space to the best of my
knowledge. Not saying it /should/ be - just playing devils advocate.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]