[pulseaudio-discuss] Screenlet

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 31 07:08:41 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 31/07/09 09:06 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Jason Taylor at 31/07/09 00:26 did gyre and gimble:
>> Just in case you havn't seen it
>>
>> "Impulse is a bit of eye-candy for your desktop. It is a widget that
>> displays a graphical spectrum analyzer on your gnome desktop. It is
>> written in c and python and uses GTK and cairo graphics to generate
>> the animation. the impulse library creates a pulse audio connection
>> context that reads the output stream from pulseaudio in a thread
>> natively which can then be read from python. You can specify impulse
>> to either output the raw stream or output the fft of the raw stream."
>> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Impulse+-+PulseAudio+visualizer?content=99383
>>

> Nice one Jason :) It looks really smart - I'm always looking for more
> eye candy to waste those spare processor cycles :)
>
> I'll take it for a spin/package it in mandriva over the weekend.

Hmm, the build system is bizarre, the standalone version doesn't run
with modification and it doesn't connect to pulse as a normal client app
does (e.g. it doesn't connect to the sink I specify via PULSE_SINK env
var - seems to always us the default sink :s

But when it works, it's cool :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]