[pulseaudio-discuss] Palm's PA patch

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jun 19 01:31:55 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 19/06/09 02:00 did gyre and gimble:
> As many probably already know Palm is using PA on the Pre, and now
> they published the sources:
>
> http://opensource.palm.com/packages.html
> http://palm.cdnetworks.net/opensource/1.0.1/pulseaudio-0.9.14-patch.gz
>
> It's actually quite interesting stuff. I only had a quick peek, but
> they have implemented volume ramping, and their own resampler. The
> latter might actually be useful for us.

<sexist nerd stereotype>

Not only that, but a female coder hacked on that patch!!
Wonder if she's hot...

</sexist nerd stereotype>

Joking aside, it's good to see this patch. Am I right in saying that
they didn't actually need to share it due to the LGPL side of things? If
so good on them for releasing it all the same :)

Would have been nice if it wasn't full of cruft from autogenerated
files, but that's hardly a major problem.

Col.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]