[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] [PACKAGERS] RealtimeKit is a dependency of PA now, PolicyKit won't be any longer

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 23 17:34:09 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 19/06/09 20:19 did gyre and gimble:
> I just stripped all he messy permission-related startup code from
> PA. There is no group "pulse-rt" anymore, and no calls into
> PolicyKit. It's all gone.

Mentioned on IRC, but just in case you missed it:

It seems you do not check for, nor link against libcap, but you call
cap_* functions in the code.... you're relying on overlinking again me
thinks :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]