[pulseaudio-discuss] [PACKAGERS] Patches for 0.9.15

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 24 17:08:39 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Felipe Contreras at 25/06/09 00:54 did gyre and gimble:
> Do you think it's difficult to decide where "stable" should point to?
> 0.9.15.1 or 0.2.1
>
> "stable" should point to the recommended stable version to use.

Depending on needs, that may not be a single version, so this doesn't
hold true.

> If somebody wants to have "$version-stable" then I say it should be in
> a separate repository.

Why? A tag is "free". For something as big as the kernel it makes sense,
for pulseaudio it's totally unnecessary and pointless maintenance overhead.

Anyway, this discussion is moot. There is not going to be a single
"stable" branch upstream anyway, so there is no point in labouring the
point. Feel free to maintain your own and make it available - that's the
beauty of DVCS after all :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]