[pulseaudio-discuss] Binding volume changes to hotkeys.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jun 27 03:52:02 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Michał Sawicz at 27/06/09 10:48 did gyre and gimble:
> Dnia 2009-06-25, czw o godzinie 14:46 -0500, Matthew Ellsworth pisze:
>> Am I just missing some program, or do you have a
>> "superior" way to bind the volume controls to the volume of a
>> particular sink?
>
> The VolumeUp/Down keys should modify volume of current _default_ sink,
> at least in 0.9.15+ and recent gnome-volume-control.
>
> If you're using gnome go to Preferences > Sound and there you can select
> which devices' (you can select multiple) volume will be modified.

While this is a good work around for now, we really need a way to know
that the event from that "keyboard" is hardcoded to control that "sink".

While using e.g. my keyboard or laptops's built in vol keys, I expect it
to control the "default" device as per above, but when I press the
buttons on the USB headset, I expect it control just that headset.

So we need some way to tie this together - although I'm pretty sure that
fix will not be in pulseaudio itself.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]