[pulseaudio-discuss] Virtual loopback to provide PCM capture

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 29 18:20:22 PDT 2009

On Mon, 29.06.09 23:51, Davide Cescato (ceski at fedoraproject.org) wrote:

> I will have a look at PulseCaster, but if PulseAudio could include the
> desired input mixing feature, then any recording application could be
> used... I thought a bit more about my question, and I realized that
> recording a videoconference call would be the next step... Therefore, I
> would be back to considering recordmydesktop as the recording
> application!
>
> Or, does the fact that the voip application and the recording
> application need to capture two different streams prevent the
> possibility of using any recording application?
>
> I am not rushing, but I am just asking of what the possibilities are for
> a future version of PA... and I admit knowing too little and having no
> time to be able to work on this myself.

Hey, free software projects like PA are always happy to take patches.

Otherwise features like what you suggest are unlikely to happen
anytime soon.

module-combine can already combine multiple sinks into one. What is
missing is that this is turning around to allow combining multiple
sources into one.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net