[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth

Pablo Yaggi pyaggi at alsurdelsur.com
Sun Mar 1 07:44:37 PST 2009

On Saturday 28 February 2009 22:40:16 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Sat, 28.02.09 18:02, Pablo Yaggi (pyaggi at alsurdelsur.com) wrote:
>
> > I meant an example about how to do the bluetooth connection step by step,
> > but never mind I missed read about d-feet stuff you told me about (sorry).
> >
> > Now, I did this,
> >
> > hcitool scan
> > I found my device and did:
> > hcitool cc ... (my device was connected )
>
> Don't use the raw low-level tools. Use bluez's gnome UI tools for the pairing/trusting.
Now I used the bluetooth-browse to make the connection, but could this really be a problem with pa ?

> > then I used d-feet and trigger the connect method on the headset interface
> > for my device, the device beeps and any further call to this method returns already connected;
> > calling disconnection also works since the device beeps and gets disconnected.
> >
> > While doing this I had the pulseaudio device manager open and nothing happen, no new devices
> > where append to the list, but an strange thing do happen (at least for me) any time I press
> > the execute button in the d-feet method call window a line inside my default device tree (alsa...)
> > was append for a second or so. something like this:
> > PulseAudio Manager
> > -------------------------------
> > 	Sinks
> > 		alsa_output.pci_8086_284b
> > 			#221 button-pressed
> > no matter which method I'm executing, a line like that (#nnn button-pressed) is append
> > for a while and then disappears.
>
> Do not use paman. It's obsolete and not up to date. Do not use
> padevchooser. It's obsolete and not up to date. Use pavucontrol.
Ok, now I'm using pavucontrol, and nothing happen either, no new device :(

> Also, are you sure you loaded "module-bluetooth-discover"? Add a
> "load-module" line for that to defualt.pa. That's the code that
> actually makes PA pick up all connected BT audio devices.
Yes, and also it's listed in paman , now I notice in the preferences dialog
it says autoloaded:no, could it be the problem ?

in the default.pa this three lines exits:

.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
load-module module-bluetooth-discover
.endif

Pablo