[pulseaudio-discuss] Time of the final 0.9.15 release

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Mar 3 11:45:37 PST 2009

On Tue, 03.03.09 17:08, Zhang, Vivian (vivian.zhang at intel.com) wrote:

> Hi Lennart:

Heya,

> Very glad that you are approaching the final 0.9.15. We plan to use
> PA 0.9.15 in the alpha release of our distribution, the time is
> March 20. Since some of our projects' development are based on PA
> 0.9.15, do you have the clear schedule for the final release of
> 0.9.15.  It will be a great help if we can have the stable release
> of PA 0.9.15 before our alpha. :)

My todo list for things to fix before the release unfortunately still
has a couple of items:

- Some issues with Flash have been reported I plan to have a look at

- Java seems to crash sometimes with a TLS related issue that PA might
  have something to do with, judging by the stack trace

- The time graph for record streams on ALSA seems to be shifted around a bit
  in a non-obvious way.

- PA BTS bugs #499, #440, #463 need to be fixed

- Flat volume: we need to scale the stored streams by
  module-stream-restore the same way as the active streams

- Flat volume: after each stream the device volume seems to mute for
  some folks

- The license headers of some files still refer to LGPL 2.0 instead of
  2.1. This needs to be fixed.

When these all are done the release will happen. I am always happy to
take patches! If you want to speed things up, don't hesitate to pick
an item and hack away! ;-)

I'll be travelling next week so it will take at least two more weeks
before this all is fixed.