[pulseaudio-discuss] Mono

Fox, Kevin M kevin.fox at pnl.gov
Wed Mar 4 11:24:25 PST 2009

Hi All,

I usually sit at my desk at work with only one earphone in so that I can
still listen in on what is going on around me. The problem with this is
stereo music sounds off. I would like a way to easily switch back and
forth between mono/stereo output. Ideally I'd like to just be able to
have a button in pavucontrol on the output device to force mono. Not
having that though, I guess another way to do it would be coming up with
a mono alsa output and moving streams to that? Has anyone done that
before?

Thanks,
Kevin