[pulseaudio-discuss] ALSA plugin "device" parameter

Peter Nagy nagper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:19:29 PDT 2009

Hi,

Ok I see what you mean.
But how could it happen that when I'm using native pulseaudio for
example with gstreamer then the output goes to sound_card0 but when
I'm using it through alsa-lib -> alsa-pulse plugin -> pulse then
output goes to sound_card1
If I turn off HAL detection and determine devices statically with
module-alsa-sink then I can manage to load my preferred sound card
first and alsa-pulse plugin will use that sound card regardless what
is in the /etc/pulse config files
There must be some reason of the presence of that device parameter int
the asound.conf
Or is it deprecated?

Thanks
Peter