[pulseaudio-discuss] building pulseaudio-browse on slam64

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Mar 16 04:36:46 PDT 2009

On Fri, 13.03.09 10:33, jrlowry376 at comcast.net (jrlowry376 at comcast.net) wrote:

> I'm trying to install pulseaudio on slamd64 from source.
>
> I've worked though most version and dependency issues.
>
> But I stumped by padevchooser, configure fails looking for the
> libpulse-browse package.
>
> I do see the the libpulse-browse.pc.in file as part of the pulseaudo
> source but I'm not sure how this relates to a the package or libraries.
>
> When I build pulseaudio I don't find a libpulse-browse.so library.
>
> all pointers on how to finish this up are greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have the Avahi and D-Bus headers installed while you
build PA, otherwise libpulse-browse will not be available.

Note that I don't recommend users to build PA themselves. This is
clearly a job for the distributors since it requires integration into
a the system at a lot of different places.

Finally, note that padevchooser is considered obsolete. It is badly
broken and unmaintained. Don't use it.