[pulseaudio-discuss] Export pulsecore and pulsecommon header file

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Mar 25 05:02:51 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Zhang, Xing Z at 25/03/09 10:43 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi Lennart: More and more people like me are working on writing
> module of PA. A problem we encountered is current PA dev-pkg released
> by distribution vendor only includes header files for application but
> not for module. Did you think about export pulsecore/pulsecommon
> header files to module programmers so that modules can be developed
> with dev pkg such as pulseaudio-devel-0.9.15-10.1.fedaro.i586.rpm. I
> tried to do this by attached patch but accomplished nothing due to
> config.h produced by autoconf can not be exported. Do you have any
> suggestion to pass this issue? It will really benefit module
> programmers much if the process of writing a PA module is as easy as
> writing an application in distribution.

Modules should be developed in-tree at present, so you really need a
code checkout, so I don't really see why exporting these headers would
be useful.

Because the module API is not stable, I cannot see this approach
changing anytime soon, but Lennart can clarify further.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]