[pulseaudio-discuss] module-combine master parameter

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:43:47 PDT 2009

It looks like the parameter master for module-combine doesn't work, it
gives an error upon loading the module. Only listing all the sinks
under slaves works though. I wanted to update the documentation on
http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/Modules#module-combine, but am not sure
about the details. Is it just that specifying the master isn't
necessary anymore?

Without choosing a master sink the sample rate/type isn't correctly
chosen. I found this out when I combined three 48000 Hz sinks and saw
that the combined sink was somehow chosen to be the default 44100.
With only a listing of sinks under slaves it is not always obvious
which rate must be choosen, bute surely with three identical sinks the
sample rate/type of the combined sink should be the same.

Maarten