[pulseaudio-discuss] Names of network sinks

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue May 26 19:25:30 PDT 2009

On Thu, 14.05.09 10:30, Russell Strong (russell at strong.id.au) wrote:

> I have a problem publishing a sink because of a name collision the exact error
> message is:
>
> E: module-zeroconf-publish.c: avahi_entry_group_add_service_strlst(): Local name
> collision

Could you please file a bug on our BTS requesting that we fix handling
of "Local name collision" errors? This really needs to get fixed.

Also, in my git checkout I have now a patch that allows you to set the
description of every sink which should make this problem go away.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net