[pulseaudio-discuss] exiting on resume of rhythmbox

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed May 27 12:51:38 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 21:31 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Hmm, please try to reproduce this harder. The load limiter only becomes
> active when the load produced by PA is very high for a longer time.

My experience of living with this problem for the last few weeks has
been that pulseaudio will quit within seconds of an audio stream playing
after having been "paused' and given my test above, I let pulseaudio go
for quite a bit longer and peg the CPU while doing so.

> Hmm, so you seem to be using the tunnel stuff a lot.

If you mean making the server available to the network, yeah.  Just for
the ease of moving a stream from one machine to another.

> I am pretty sure
> this is related to the tunnel stuff since we already had other reports
> about that.
>
> Could you please disable this and reproduce?

How exactly should I do that?

> Have the Ubuntu kernel guys fixed all the
> snd_pcm_delay()/snd_pcm_avail() issues in the HDA driver?

I don't really know.  These are the patches from Luke Yelavich's PPA.  I
believe he's here on this list.  Perhaps he knows.

b.