[pulseaudio-discuss] Distribution kernels and glitch-free (Packagers, read this!)

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu May 28 09:35:48 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 04:59:00PM CEST, Jan Buchal wrote:

> [....=]
>

>     LP> Could you please extract a minimal test case for me, then I'll
>     LP> have a look on it to find out what's wrong.
>
> Dear Mr. Poettering,
>
> thank for your interest for accessibility. You know that from our blind
> point of view is very, very important.
>
> Unfortunately our resources are limited also we are no able prepare
> some extra tool for a testing. However we think that the best  way for
> the testing is an installation of Speech dispatcher and orca.
>
> If a compilation from CVS is much time consuming for you now we can
> prepare a Debian or Ubuntu package. We need know only if you use 32 or
> 64 bits platform.

Alternatively, I am willing to work with Lennart in an IRC session, with both of us having the CVS code to speech-dispatcher in front of us, and me changing code/recompiling, testing, and reporting the results. I am sure Lennart is quite busy, and he likely doesn't have an understanding of the accessibility tools that are being discussed here, and may not want to, however I am willing to be proven wrong. :)

So if this is ok with you Lennart, I can join you on IRC probably some time next week if you're around, and I can help you get the code in question, and help me debug it etc, to ensure we have the best speech-dispatcher performance possible.

Thanks

Luke