[pulseaudio-discuss] How to move streams to/from a remote PA server

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Sun Nov 1 12:27:39 PST 2009

* Colin Guthrie

> Its something you should report to your distro. paprefs needs to be
> recompiled when a new major version of pulseaudio is installed. paprefs
> also checks to make sure it can find the relevent modules needed to
> enable this feature (in this case, module-tunnel-sink and
> module-tunnel-source. THese are usually packaged in the main PA package
> itself rather than split out, but some distros may choose to keep them
> separate.
>
> So either get your distro to recompile paprefs, or install the relevant
> PA subpackage that contains the the module-tunnel-* modules.

Figured it out, needed to install the pulseaudio-module-zeroconf package
and then it worked.  I had assumed that all the Zeroconf stuff was in
order due to the fact that padevchooser could see the PA server on the
HTPC box, but I suppose it has an internal Zeroconf implementation which
the PA server does not.

So now I think I'm almost there, but when I attempted to move a stream
to the HTPC box the local PA server chrashed after a split second on
audio output on the stereo.  I'll have to debug that a bit further
before I have something concrete to report though, but in any case thank
very much you for your help so far!

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson