[pulseaudio-discuss] [PACKAGERS] What PulseAudio does to your low-level mixer controls ¶

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Nov 2 08:42:05 PST 2009

Heya!

Just wanted to point you all to this little Wiki page I just wrote:

http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PulseAudioStoleMyVolumes

I wrote that so that I can point folks who complain about PA setting
the "inner" volume controls to "100%" to this. It hopefully explains a
little what is going on, and why this makes sense. And if it should
indeed turn out that something's wrong what to do about it.

If you are a packager and need to work your way through some kind of
bugzilla every day this might be useful for a canned response.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net