[pulseaudio-discuss] possible headphone bug: pulse or ALSA?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Nov 3 13:53:18 PST 2009

On Tue, 03.11.09 16:44, Jud Craft (craftjml at gmail.com) wrote:

> > PA 0.9.15 does not really touch the mixer controls except for the most
> > basic volume control. If jack sensing is broken, than it is hence
> > unlikely that this is PA's fault and you should file a bug against
> > ALSA.
>
> Does PA do more for speaker control in 0.9.16?  Or is this a sign that
> the problem really is strictly ALSA, and will still persist when
> upgrading to current PulseAudio?  If a new Pulse fixes it, I'd gladly
> update.

PA does a lot more mixer control in 0.9.16 and newer, however this is
probably not going to fix your jack sensing, rather break it even
further ;-)

If you want to know what PA does to your mixer in 0.9.16 read this:

http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PulseAudioStoleMyVolumes
https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2009-June/004229.html

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net