[pulseaudio-discuss] Adding PulseAudio Capture to OpenAL

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at rivendellnh.com
Thu Nov 12 17:03:23 PST 2009

I'm trying to debug the capture function of OpenAL when using PulseAudio
native capture.  I don't know either OpenAL or Pulseaudio well yet from
a developer perspective but I need some software to work w/PulseAudio
that does capture so I dove in..

The code in OpenAL for Pulse looks like it was largely modeled after the
gtsreamer pulsesrc.c code. It initializes the threaded mainloop, creates
a context sets a callback function, calls pa_context_connect and then
loops getting the state looking for it to become ready.  I get an AUTH
response back and then it blocks forever waiting for the context to
become ready.

I'm guessing there's a missing piece to the setup but wanted to toss
this out to see if it rings any bells with anyone.  I'm sorry this isn't
more detailed, I'm still coming up to speed with both pieces.

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers.

Mike