[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth headset on Karmic

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 03:27:45 PST 2009

Thanks for yourresponse, I have a Jabra BT2010 headset and I paired with
Bluetooth Applet 1.8. Is this the correct way to pair?

In other laptop I just pair with the same Applet and it works! It appear as
new harware and I could switch on it. I don't know what happen with my
laptop.

I apreciate your help, thanks and best regards.

2009/11/13 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com>

> On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 04:26 +0100, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> > Hello everybody, I just installed Ubuntu Karmic on my laptop, and I
> > want use my bluetooth headset to speak in Skype.
> >
> > I just paired the headset, but there is new hardware on PulseAudio
> > device section. I type this command , but the hardware on sound
> > preference is disabled:
> >
> > pactl load-module module-bluetooth-device profile=hsp sink_name=jabra
> > address=00:1D:82:xx:xx:xx
> >
> > How can I configure it? I search for bluetooth manual but I didn't
> > find any.
> >
> > Thanks for all and best regards.
> >

> Are you pairing using bluez (I'd assume so). In that case no need to
> load any modules, it should auto-detect for you. My Jabra Halo did just
> that.

Josu Lazkano