[pulseaudio-discuss] [PACKAGERS] More formal branch policy

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Nov 14 06:06:52 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 11/11/09 21:49 did gyre and gimble:
> Heya!
>
> In order to streamline the process between upstream and downstream
> developers I've put together a little wiki page that should explain
> which git branches we maintain and how the release cycle works:
>
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/GitBranches
>
> Distributors, this should give you a hint where to look for patches to
> backport to your distribution packages. Might be a good idea to
> monitor the branches in question (maybe via RSS via gitweb?) so that
> you get immediate notifications of something that should be patched
> into your packages. It's still recommended to hang around on IRC
> though if you want to stay informed, especially regarding updates to
> other packages.

FYI, I've pushed a stable-queue based on v0.9.20 (I would base it on
stable-0.9.20 but there has been no reason for this branch to be created
yet :p).

Slight question, should we always create the stable-xx.yy.zz branch?
e.g. create it at the same time as the tag? Or should we only create it
when needed?

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]