[pulseaudio-discuss] Play/repeat a sample loaded on the pulseaudio server

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 08:53:21 PST 2009

Hi

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Joan Bertran <jbertran9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be great if pa_context_play_sample_with_proplist could especify a
> number to repeat the sound,
> perhaps a property into proplist.
> So any feedback on the idea and orientation on how to implement the loop?

This is something we have discussed in the past. I guess a patch would
be welcome.

A property is usually used for the context. However, there are already
two different functions. And after the volume, the sink, the loop
count, we might want to introduce, I don't know, other effects and
what's not. So perhaps a first patch using a property would be a good
idea. At least you could get started easily this way.

Handling gap-less looping might be a bit tricky, even in server-side,
you are warned :)

regards,

--
Marc-André Lureau