[pulseaudio-discuss] hang when trying to drain empty stream

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Nov 26 00:44:39 PST 2009

'Twas brillig, and Gregory Petrosyan at 25/11/09 21:34 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Gregory Petrosyan
> <gregory.petrosyan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe there is a bug in PA: when trying to drain empty stream
>> (newly created, or just after pa_stream_flush()) returned pa_operation
>> never completes. Because it's not possible to know in advance if
>> a stream is empty, IMO pa_stream_drain should succeed ASAP
>> when called on empty stream, and not hang.
>
> Hey, a week has passed, and the bug is still alive!

Sorry, the main guy who could answer this is currently on holidays.

Please push a bug into Trac so that it's not lost among the many emails
when he returns.

I'm not sure I know enough about this side of things to comment in any
useful way (on the surface of your description I'm tending to agree with
your but I don't know the implications!

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]