[pulseaudio-discuss] Moving speakers around using AC3

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Sun Nov 29 00:13:33 PST 2009

> Wait a sec, you want it to output AC3-encoded channels this way?

Yeah, my AC3 amp is only connected to my computer by the SPDIF optical
cable. I'm thinking about buying 3 stereo cables to connect it through
analog outputs, but for now I'd like to try to make it work with what I
have.

> You'd have to use your alsa hack and then add the alsa sink by hand, I
> think... But that's something I'm not so sure of...

That's what I tried to do. But it looks like the udev-autodetect module
prevents adding something else by hand. It is the case ?

Thanks for your help.

Aurélien
http://aurelien.bompard.org  ~~~~  Jabber : abompard at jabber.fr
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -- Albert Einstein