[pulseaudio-discuss] Example using async API

Peter Onion Peter.Onion at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 1 15:29:59 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 21:18 +0100, Peter Onion wrote:
> I've been looking at the tests in the source distribution to get some
> more ideas on how things fit together.
>
> BUT, I still can't figure out how to use the threaded mainloop.  There
> are some examples of using bits of it, but at the moment I can't see how
> to put them together in a coherent way.

After some more study of the gstreamer pulse plugin sources things have
started to fall into place.

A question for Lennart...

In the gstreamer plugin the write callback just calls
pa_threaded_mainloop_signal() and the data is written from the other
thread.

Is it OK to actually call pa_stream_write() in the callback if the
sample data is to hand ?

PeterO