[pulseaudio-discuss] redirecting audio from SAA7134 tv card.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Oct 2 01:00:39 PDT 2009

On Thu, 01.10.09 09:14, Luca DELLA GHEZZA (luca_dgh at hotmail.it) wrote:

> I refer to this ticket http://www.pulseaudio.org/ticket/665
> As lennart said I tried to load module loopback with the command
>
> pactl load-module module-loopback
>
> it answers to me with   22   that I suppose is the number of devices
> found.

Na, that's the ID of the module loaded. You can pass it to
"pactl unload-module" to unload the module again.

> After that I found that from the speakers I could hear the sound from
> the mic integrated in my webcam, so the command had some effect. I muted
> the mic from Pulseaudio settings.

You might need to move the loopback to the right device. Use
pavucontrol and use the move stream feature.

> I tried to listen my tv card audio, but no way. Tvtime was unable to
> connect to pulseaudio.
> i.e. launching tvtime like this
>
> tvtime --mixer=pcm:0

Last time I checked tvtime still used OSS, an API that has been
obsolete since about forever. It shouldn't do that.

> After that I made a call with skype and on the other side the person
> could listen to my tv card audio instead of my voice coming from the
> mic.

Use pavucontrol to move the skype stream to the right device.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net