[pulseaudio-discuss] redirecting audio from SAA7134 tv card

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Oct 5 16:37:10 PDT 2009

On Mon, 05.10.09 18:02, Luca DELLA GHEZZA (luca_dgh at hotmail.it) wrote:

> > > I didn't understand how to do this, but this has a minor importance, I
> > > definitevely want that the tv audio goes trough the standard output,
> > > just that.
> >
> > With a recent version of pavucontrol you can just use the menu on the
> > loopback steram and move it to another device, during runtime. It's
> > really not that hard.
>
> I have Pavucontrol 0.9.8+git20090701 (from ubuntu repositories), but
> there I don't find the loopback stream menu. Probably is not new
> enough.

There is no menu that would be in any way specific to loopback
streams. Just find the loopback stream, use the normal stream menu and
move it to another device, it isn't that hard.

> Anyway, I understand well that there is no solution to my problem?
> In other words: SAA7134-alsa module is too much crappy so is I want to
> watch and listen tv I have to find out a tv card with another chip?
> If yes, which one?
> Thx so much for your patience.

I guess what is true for SAA7134 is true for the other TV cards, too:
since there is no commercial interest pushing Linux support the
drivers are limited.

Also, I don't have a TV, no TV antenna, no TV cable, so this is really
not among the things I regularly test. Sorry.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net