[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume Restore

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 03:45:57 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am having some issues with volume being set to 100% everytime I start mplayer.  Basically what happens is I start application (mplayer) which is set initially at 100% (blowing my ears out :} ), I use my remote (via usb-uirt and lirc) to reduce the volume to something reasonable and after a little bit of listening I shutdown the system.  Upon restarting the system and starting the application, the volume is once again set to 100% -- until I use the remote, once I hit the down volume button (which is set to 5) volume adjust to (what seems like) slightly less than what I had it before.  It looks like the volume is being set to 5 below the last volume setting.  Is there any way to have the volume reset to the appropriate level, before mplayer starts playing?  Thanks

Nasa