[pulseaudio-discuss] Blueman "failed to initialize pulseaudio bluetooth module"

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Oct 16 06:33:26 PDT 2009

On Fri, 16.10.09 08:51, Colin Beckingham (colbec at start.ca) wrote:

> Using latest svn 602 of blueman on Opensuse 11.1
> 0.9.19 of pulseaudio
> Headset Jabra BT2040
> with pulseaudio -vvvv

Please use gnome-bluetooth. That's the only interface the bluez folks
and I can recommend.

> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Received BT_INDICATION <- BT_NEW_STREAM
> D: module-bluetooth-device.c: Stream properly set up, we're ready to roll!
> I: module-bluetooth-device.c: FD error: POLLERR

POLLERR is signalled via the stream socket from the kernel. Running
"bluetoothd -nd" gives you more debug output and might tell you what
triggered this.

But generally, given that this error is actually "behind" the
bluetooth socket, I'd ping the bluez folks about this.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net