[pulseaudio-discuss] Windows7 audio architecture

Ilyes Gouta ilyes.gouta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 12:30:39 PDT 2009

Lennart,

Does PA have the pull mode (as they call it) where the audio card
calls back the user-space layer to tell the software mixer how much
samples (I know, this is not a new science) we need to feed it in
order to avoid an underrun, accompanying the time-based, not interrupt
based, buffer submission? What about the high priority thread
(belonging to a special scheduling class) that manages all of this?

Regards,
Ilyes Gouta.