[pulseaudio-discuss] Volume not adjustable

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 23 02:05:52 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Philipp Reuters at 22/10/09 12:11 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
> I can not adjust the output-volume anymore. neither in pavucontrol nor
> in gnome-settings. muting in pavucontrol works. setting the device's
> volume to 0 mutes, too. but when moving the slider to 1% i will have the
> full volume, as it would be set to 100%. Moving the slider around just
> keeps useless. any ideas, how to fix this?

Chances are it's either attached to the wrong mixer element or the mixer
  element itself is not working.

In recent PA's and pavucontrols, you can change the mixer "port" via the
Output Devices which may address your issue.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]