[pulseaudio-discuss] Sharing the code for a pulseaudio based whole home audio system

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 26 00:40:34 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Matthew Patterson at 25/10/09 23:40 did gyre and gimble:
> Ok. I have done a LOT of cleanup on the code. Consolidated the numerous
> config files, made the directory structure somewhat logical, etc. I also
> converted to git using git-cvsimport without too much trouble.
>
> So now I have the question, how to I push my repository up to gitorous
> (already have an account) without including the entire history? I have
> cleaned the current tree to not contain any passwords/etc, but previous
> checkins definitely contained that sort of stuff.
>
> It really seems like I should be able to push only the current code
> snapshot and let things progress from there. That way I get to keep my
> history and the server continues from here on out? Is git rebase what I
> am looking for???

Rebase just reapplies the commits against a known starting point
(usually a branch).

If you just want to start with a clean slate, I'd just keep your git
repository for reference and do and export and import to get a fresh,
single commit "initial import" of your code. You'll always have your
history, but everyone else will start from a clean slate.

You should of course work from the new fresh repository too when making
future changes etc.

HTHs

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]