[pulseaudio-discuss] setting a volume on a short lived stream

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Oct 30 20:04:34 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 03:27 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Hmm, how come this wasn't installed? Is your machine a pristine
> installation?

If my guess about what you mean by "pristine installation" is right,
then I'd probably have to answer no.  It's "grown up" through various
Ubuntu releases with "apt-get dist-upgrade"s.

> Did you actviley remove earlier?

Not at all.

> Or is it simply that
> you have upgraded your system across distributions and since it wasn't
> installed in the old version it wasn't after the upgrade either?

Very much likely the case.

Interestingly, new in Karmic (I don't recall seeing it before) is a tool
which is supposed to make an upgraded machine look like it was
pristinely installed.  When I tried it in Karmic beta, it didn't seem to
do much.  I should give it a whirl again.

b.