[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio on MacOSX

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Sep 1 10:47:35 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Lennart
Poettering<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> Are you suggesting they recovered the second crypto key for RAOP?
>
> Or does RAOP2 not dongle iTunes and the Airport together anymore?
>
> Reading http://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/speakers.php I get the
> impression that they do ot actually support that iTunes can send audio
> to their Airfoil Speakers just like that.

No. iTunes cannot stream music directly to Airfoil, but other RAOP
clients can that support apple's latest protocol. The advantage would
be that there is timing in the new protocol, so movies would be
better. There's also less bandwidth consumption. It's also the only
implementation of an RAOP _server_ that I've seen (other than the
Airport Express itself).