[pulseaudio-discuss] problem with ca0106

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Sep 7 01:35:07 PDT 2009

'Twas brillig, and Miguel Beltran R. at 07/09/09 07:03 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi list
>
> I have a sound card ca0106 and have problem with gnome 2.26.3 from
> gnomeslackbuild.org <http://gnomeslackbuild.org>, package version
> pulseaudio-0.9.15-x86_64-6gsb

If you have a problem with a specific card then there are essentially
two possibilities:

1) The alsa level driver sis providing incorrect timing information to
PulseAudio and as a result messes it up. You can work around this to a
degree by passing tsched=0 to module-hal-detect (it's an ugly hack and
the correct fix is to correct the bugs in the alsa driver).
2) The mixer path is not correctly interpreted in pulseaudio. A more
flexible mixer logic has been introduced in pulseaudio 0.9.16 to address
this.

Overall, without seeing any actual debug info about the problem you're
having, I'd guess at 1.

> I already read
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pulseaudio-discuss@mail.0pointer.de/msg04070.html,
> so what is the situation? exists some path for this bug? or the problem
> is what gnomeslackbuild.org <http://gnomeslackbuild.org> include a patch?

Well, those patches on that branch are recommended to distro packagers,
so regardless if it fixes this bug, if someone is shipping 0.9.15 then
they should be applied.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]