[pulseaudio-discuss] 0.9.17 regression: USB device disappears after suspend/resume

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Sep 13 10:33:08 PDT 2009

On Sun, 13.09.09 04:53, Cameron Hutchison (lists at xdna.net) wrote:

> I have a Logitech audiohub, which is a USB sound device supported by
> alsa. Since upgrading pulseaudio from 0.9.15 to 0.9.17, the device
> disappears after a suspend/resume cycle. Plugging and unplugging the
> device does not help. The device still works in that I can play directly
> through alsa. If I kill pulseaudio and restart it, it sees the USB
> device again.

ALSA has a certain protocol it follows when doing suspend/resume of
sound cards. PA follows that pretty closely these days. Also, we
didn't have any changes in the suspend logic between .15 and .17

> D: alsa-util.c: Got POLLERR from ALSA
> W: alsa-util.c: Got POLLNVAL from ALSA

This suggests that your driver does not survive the suspend/resume due
to some reason. Is it possible that you also updated the kernel at the
same time as updating PA?

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net