[pulseaudio-discuss] Mac OS X: dyld: Symbol not found: _g_get_application_name

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Mon Sep 14 19:17:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 05:04:05AM +0300, Igor Zubkov wrote:
> 2009/9/15 Daniel Mack <daniel at caiaq.de>:
> > Even though I have been told this is fixed, I'm still getting the
> > following error when trying to start the pulseaudio daemon on OS X:
> >
> > ./pulseaudio
> > dyld: Symbol not found: _g_get_application_name
> >  Referenced from: /Users/daniel/src/pa/pulseaudio/src/.libs/libpulsecommon-0.9.17.dylib
> >  Expected in: dynamic lookup
> >
> > Trace/BPT trap
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Link with glib. This is will fix this.

I know this would fix it, but I won't link the whole thing with glib
just to satisfy this error. The plan is to have a self-contained bundle
in the end, and packing glib to it without using it is not an option.

Lennart said he know what the problem might me, so I'd really prefere a
real solution.

Daniel