[pulseaudio-discuss] [0.9.17]Missing audio-headset-bluetooth icon terminates pavucontrol

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Sep 18 11:41:52 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 02:28:48PM -0400, Peter Hurley wrote:
> Peter Hurley wrote:
>> Lennart Poettering wrote:
>>> This has been fixed in pavucontrol a while back. Please update!
>>>
>> Thanks - I thought I was running the current release.  Somehow I
>> overlooked the announcement of 0.9.9...
>>
>> Peter
>
> Hi Lennart,
>
> Turns out this is more easily said than done.  The new libcanberra
> dependency is a fair bit of work to resolve.
>
> Also, I'm not clear why the udev detection code isn't considered
> experimental in pulseaudio.  Deprecating module-detect already seems a
> bit hasty.  module-udev-detect depends on a version of udev that's
> barely 3 months old.  Additionally, even with the revised udev, some
> fairly graceless means of making that work are employed.

  Sorry, you are complaining that software which itself is one week
old use another part, which is 3 month old?
  If you can't upgrade udev or scared to do so, because udev looks
like low-level part of system, you shouldn't touch PA. PA is
quite low-level and critical also, its integration should be handled by
distribution maintainers.

--
Tomasz Torcz                Only gods can safely risk perfection,
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     it's a dangerous thing for a man.  -- Alia