[pulseaudio-discuss] Documentation on the wire protocol for native-protocol-tcp?

david.hagood at gmail.com david.hagood at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 07:52:23 PDT 2010

I'm trying to find documentation on the wire protocol that the
native-protocol-tcp uses, but haven't found it yet. Yes, I could Use The
Source, but reverse-engineering the wire protocol from that vs. reading an
already written definition of a protocol is not an efficient use of my
time.

And we all know that all Free software projects have excellent and
complete documentation, right ;) ?

If there is such documentation I'd appreciate a link, if not, then I'd
like to know if the wire protocol is sufficiently fixed to make working
out the wire protocol make sense.

My need is that I have a signal processing hardware module that:
1) Makes audio
2) Accepts audio
3) Can speak TCP
4) I'd like to tie into a Pulseaudio server.
5) would be inconvenient to load all of Pulseaudio on.

So if I could get the wire protocol it would not be hard to generate that.