[pulseaudio-discuss] New kernel 2.6.34-rc4, no audio

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 18 20:53:03 PDT 2010

On Sunday 18 April 2010, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>On Sun, 18.04.10 16:34, Gene Heskett (gene.heskett at verizon.net) wrote:
>> On Sunday 18 April 2010, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> >'Twas brillig, and Daniel Chen at 18/04/10 20:50 did gyre and gimble:

>> >Yup, so for whatever reason we can't access this file. Possibly because
>> >it doesn't exist. i.e. your problem is with the alsa setup.
>> >
>> >Col
>>
>> IIRC that particular config didn't pre-allocate the oss stuff, and wasn't
>> building any oss compat stuffs either.  Is that related?  I don't know if
>> the one that works does, from the working .config:
>
>This has nothing to do with OSS.
>
>I generally recommend using distribution kernels, since they are usually
>compiled in a way that most things like this work.
>
>Lennart

Unforch Lennart, the distro kernels drm is old, and that drives my monitor
into un-controlled fits of blanking, off for 3-4 seconds, on for 50ms, & back
off again, anytime some small window touches the right edge of the screen,
sometimes even the mouse cursor triggers it.  I have been putting up with
this, even filed bz reports for nearly 2 years, and I'm understandably
ecstatic that a drm fix that went in with 2.6.34-rc1 has finally fixed that
problem.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)