[pulseaudio-discuss] More on the native protocol complexity

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Apr 24 17:25:16 PDT 2010

On Fri, 23.04.10 17:10, Rafal Wojtczuk (rafal at invisiblethingslab.com) wrote:

> > That way you don't need to run pulseaudio on a top security machine.
> Yes, but the machine running pulseaudio may interact with other machines of
> high security status, thus it is important to not make its security too weak.
>
> Again, can I have a simple sound sharing over network protocol, pretty
> pretty please ? Raw audio frames + simple synchronization, anyone ?

I am not aware of any realisitcly usable existing system that would fit
your requirements. Sorry.

At RH our approach reagrding audio in VMs is actually to simply use
virtualized sound cards. That is crappy (because they don't model the
extra latency), but works quite well otherwise, and the vulnerable
interface is limited to the pseudo hw iface presented to the virtualized
OS.

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net